Saturday 4 June 2011

Major Project: Research - Collaborative Consumption

This is my very first post about my major project and I am very excited about starting to work again! I started my research with some small mappings, because my mind was so blank about this project. Therefore, the only thing that I am so sure is my project is going to be a solution for a social problem. So I was basically flickering through some websites like TED or Ideo to get some ideas. And I find a really interesting video about "Collaborative Consumption". This is the first time that I have heard this term in my life, so I dig it a little and find about how amazing it is. Therefore, Collaborative Consumption is the opposite of Hyper-Consumption, the global disease, which we were suffering during 20th century. The whole notion is consuming necessary thing together to eliminate the waste as much as possible. Its motto is: Traditional Sharing, Bartering, Lending, Trading, Renting, Gifting, And Swapping. Moreover, I was so inspired after I watched the videos about this subject I came up with and idea, which is still very raw unfortunately.


Major Project, Mapping, Vol.1


So, I am certain that I want to make something which will solve a public problem and create awareness. It can be designing a CSR campaign for a company or finding a solution for major wasters. But I also want to include new media tools to my project at some point. I am very interested in the reform of the books, from pages to screen. Therefore, I also might work on a project investigates this incredible progress.


Major Project, Mapping, Vol.2

The "Closet Share" idea came from the collaborative consumption perspective. Just like every other person I love shopping and clothes, but as much as I grow and learn about the world, I started to feel a little bad whenever I buy something new, and unnecessary. Because my research showed me that an average person only wears 20 percent of their clothes 80 percent of the time. Therefore, most of the things we buy age in our closets. So, I came up with the Closet Share project, however it still very simple and I really need to improve the whole concept, if I decided to go with this idea. All in all, I am happy with the progress so far, hope I can get somewhere with this idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment