Tuesday 7 June 2011

Major Project: Research - Gotta Share!

I am trying to build an outline for my major project, that is why I am expanding my research about collaborative consumption in order to came up with actual solutions. The whole notion of collaborative consumption is amazing, there are tons of research, articles and videos spinning around on the internet about this new movement. However, most of the research is done by authors or social innovators, and they are not very marketable or user friendly for most people to adopt. Moreover, since sharing is a very abstract concept, I feel that it is going to be a challenge for me to design an identity, a campaign and an interface for the solution. Therefore, my last two projects showed me that, the real solution for the environmental contamination and global warming is not recycling tons and tons of garbage we compose everyday or a crazy scientific invention which will change the world, the real solution is all about changing the way behave about the problem. So I am going more deep this time and my aim is to carry this online sharing craziness into offline part of our lives too. 

Major Project Maps, Collaborative Consumption, Vol.4



























I was watching Tony Deifell's speech called "Seeing Beyond Sight" at TED about my research. Tony Deifell is managing director of Q Media Labs, which explores how to change the world through media, technology and business. Besides his bright career, he is also teaching photography art to blind children. And at his speech he told an amazing folktale about sharing, which was:

"The creator of the world has a lamp which lights the whole world and she gave them the lamp to her twin sons to share, but they fought over the lamp and it dropped and broken into million pieces, and scatted across the world and today each one of us posess a small piece of that lamp and our work in the world -no matter what- bringing the pieces of the lamp together to make the lamp whole, to bring the light back to the world. But the trick is even though we have one piece of the lamp, we think we have the whole lamp."

This small story inspired me deeply. To find the happiness, to make the world a better place we need to act together and share. I will make sure that the campaign I will design make people people feel the same way I am feeling about this. 

Refrences 
Best of The Web, TED speech, Available at: http://www.ted.com/talks/gel_gotta_share.html
Tony Deifell TED speech, Available at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYZuu939pb8


No comments:

Post a Comment